- Dave is a director of APMG and is based in Sydney.
- He has worked on HIV and drug issues since 1987.
- Dave worked in Sydney with a non-government, community-based agency specifically targeting injecting drug users with HIV prevention, education, care and support services. The agency became a world leader in developing targeted education campaigns for specific subpopulations of injecting drug users and in developing innovative care and support services and community-based research.
- Dave has worked as Deputy Director of Australia’s national AIDS NGO, conducting national policy work and supervising the organization’s Policy, Publications and Administration teams.
- Since 1996, Dave has worked as a consultant on HIV and drug use issues in 34 countries, assisting all relevant UN and global organisations, several bilateral government aid agencies and many international non-government organizations in a wide range of tasks.
- Dave has served two terms on the Global Fund’s Technical Review Panel and is widely published on HIV and drug use issues.
- Lou is a director of APMG and is also now based in Sydney, after four years in Geneva.
- He has worked in the response to HIV in a variety of roles since 1983. Lou is a nurse with a background in public policy. He has managed AIDS home and community programs and was Executive Director of Australia’s national AIDS NGO.
- Lou has a background in paediatric nursing, nursing service management and public policy
- Lou worked alongside some friends and colleagues in the early part of Sydney’s response to HIV in the gay community, setting up volunteer emotional support and home-care programs, providing community support in outpatient clinics and providing VCT counselling
- He has worked as a HIV and development consultant since 1998, focussing on technical assistance for national and provincial AIDS policy development and implementation and strengthening of the civil society response to AIDS.
- Lou is an experienced adult learning trainer and has prepared and conducted training programs for a wide range of health and community workers.
- Lou is also a consumer health advocate and has served two terms as national chairperson of the Consumers’ Health Forum of Australia.
- Nikki is APMG’s new General Manager.
- Her diverse professional experience has included roles in paediatric nursing, team leadership, hospital management, justice health, business development and public health.
- Over the past four years, Nikki has worked with local, provincial and national HIV organisations in Nigeria and Papua New Guinea. Passionate about providing a voice for marginalised populations and communities, her work is underpinned by a rights-based approach to universal access for health and productivity.
- As a volunteer for VSO, Nikki helped develop the monitoring and evaluation system for the Provincial AIDS Committees across PNG
- Nikki is just completing a Masters in Tropical Medicine and Public Health at James Cook University and has also completed post-graduate studies in Disaster Management and Refugee Health
- Amber has a Masters in International Public Health from the University of Sydney and a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology (Exercise Science).
- Amber has worked as a research volunteer for the 40k Foundation, an Australian based non-profit organisation focusing on poverty reduction through development in India.
- Amber has worked on health promotion campaigns at the Asha Kirana HIV clinic in Mysore, India and at the Sambhavan Trust Clinic in Bhopal, India.
- Amber is a Project Officer at APMG based in Sydney and currently works on the Tingim Laip Project in PNG, the SUM II Project in Indonesia and on several short-term projects.
- Kerri is APMG’s Finance and Administration Manager and is based in Sydney.
- Kerri has a background in travel and events management.
- She has worked for a national Australian airline, in the admin office of a secondary school and in the air traffic control tower at Sydney airport.
- Before coming to APMG, Kerri managed finance and administration at Teacher Training Australia, a professional development company for Australian teachers.